We cannot control Mother Nature! I hope everyone who was impacted by the recent storm is safe and unharmed.
Now that spring is officially here clubs are beginning their plans for improvements on the trails! Maintenance is a year round activity. Join and Volunteer at a club near you or one where you ride.
PSSA has recently lost three members who volunteered for many years in PSSA and PSSA club activities. They are:
- Joseph “Don” Kellner – organized PSSA Snowmobile Tours and displayed at the annual PowerSport Show.
- James “Mac” McCarthy – husband of Linda McCarthy (former PSSA Treasurer). Mac was the “trail boss” for many years at Presque Isle Club and was noted for distributing “Oreo” cookies to the members of the work crews.
- Ed Fiedjaz – Board Member of the Marienville Trail Riders and volunteered for many years on the Allegheny National Forest trails. He was also a faithful groomer operator.
They will be hard to replace. We need people to step up and volunteer in PSSA and the clubs.
The PSSA Annual Membership meeting is on Saturday, May 13, 2017. Information will be shared on the current status of the proposal to increase the registration fee.
Our first educational session will be hosted by Dale Vagts from V & V Insurance. This is the company that covers our umbrella liability insurance for clubs/trails. Club representatives are asked to bring their current policy to the meeting. Dale will discuss issues, concerns and answer questions.
Mike Grant from Snow Trails TV will update the members concerning our Video Project. We are in need of sponsors from the PA Wilds – Benezette/Clearfield/ St. Marys area and Region One in Erie. Contact Lorie Elliott, Grant Administrator for further information.
Register now on-line at www.pasnow.org
Thank you to those who submitted Award Nominations. They will be presented at the Luncheon. (Lunch will be similar to last year)
Information for Nominations for the three open Executive Board positions is elsewhere in the Keystone Snowmobiler. Thank you to those who accepted the challenge.
- Annual Membership Conference – Registration deadline – April 25, 2017
- Hotel Reservations – Deadline April 12, 2017
We again ask for auction items to help defray the cost of the Luncheon/Awards. Flower decorations are always welcome.
Reminder: Voucher Raffle drawing will be held at this meeting. Send your tickets to the Palmyra Office.
Liz Krug, President
P.S. Annual Membership Meeting – 9am May 13, 2017 Ramada Golf and Conference Center
1450 South Atherton Street, State College, PA 16801
1-814-238-3001 1-800- 2-RAMADA www.ramadasc.com