- To ride on State lands, a snowmobile must be properly registered with the snowmobile unit in the Bureau of Forestry, DCNR, and have the permit visibly displayed.
- Any youth under the age of 16 MUST have safety certification before they can operate a snowmobile on property other than their parents’ property.
- All riders are required to wear an approved helmet.
- Liability insurance is required.
Visit DCNR for complete information on operations, including:
- Operation on streets & highways
- Operation during special events
- Operation on State Lands and private property
- Riding Rules
- Illegal Operation
- Plate/Sticker Display
- Liability Insurance
- What You Need While Riding
- Where Not to Ride
- Youth Operation
It’s also important to know and use hand signals.