PSSA is proud to host an informational meeting with the PA Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (DCNR) on the snowmobile fund. DCNR officials will provide helpful information on the annual revenues generated by snowmobile registrations and how those funds support the operations, including grooming, safety and security, and maintenance. Join us for this conversation and bring your questions.
Since 1969, PSSA has continuously worked to promote the sport of snowmobiling, to protect snowobilers’ right to ride, and to improve the riding experience in Pennsylvania.
To accomplish its objectives, PSSA has been fortunate in receiving funding assistance from State Government and others, such as the International Society of Snowmobile Manufacturers. Whenever possible, PSSA has also shared this support.
For over 50 years, the Association has worked on several fronts and accomplished many things. Just a sample of our past and present efforts includes:
- Developed a recognizable “brand” for Pennsylvania snowmobiling.
- Produced the Keystone Snowmobiler digital magazine and email newsletter, (previously the only 12 month snowmobile magazine in the US), a professional website, social media, and historically an assortment of brochures that have been continually distributed to individuals, organizations, snowmobile dealers, clubs and visitors centers over the years.
- Developed radio and video campaigns and disseminating statewide informational messages on snowmobiling in Pennsylvania and snowmobile safety.
- Developed (and make available to clubs) a 24-foot mobile community outreach unit.
- Purchased two groomers — given to DCNR to meet a need.
- Funded trail upkeep projects through a mini-grant program, and assisting clubs with maintenance and construction projects.
- Initiated the first GIS trail assessment of snowmobile trails – creating a database used by the Commonwealth to plot/update snowmobile maps.
- Launched two broad-based billboard campaigns “Blaze a Trail” and “Don’t Booze & Cruise”.
- Initiated a “Snow Angels” medical charity fund.
- Hosted a PA Powersports Show.
In addition to these Projects, PSSA is also working to broaden its outreach and promote snowmobiling by participating in major shows and events targeted to outdoor enthusiasts.