ACTION NEEDED: All snowmobilers are being asked to contact your Federal representatives and ask them to cosponsor HR 5797, the Recreational Trails (RTP) Full Funding Act. Also contact members of the Senate and ask for support of S. 1527. RTP aids all trail activities nationwide through the use of non-highway recreational fuel taxes. Last year Congress gave the marching orders to the U.S. Department of Transportation to develop an estimate of fuel tax generated by non-highway users and included RTP in the Senate’s next-gen surface transportation program.
Federal representatives and senators need to hear from you.
Note: RTP gas tax monies are used to buy equipment such as groomers, drags etc. The “Buy American” provision is also being researched by the United Snowmobile Alliance (USA). PSSA is a member.
(Information is from the Coalition for Recreational Trails)
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY! HAPPY FATHER’S DAY!
Take time to appreciate all the freedoms we have in this country and thank those who have fought for them.
Thank your father for all he has done for you.
Notes from the Board meeting of May 19, 2021
- Cash Raffle tickets are being sent out each day. Watch for yours in the mail. The drawing is during our regular Board meeting on Wednesday, August 18, 2021.
- Please add James Griffin to your list for Ass’t Regional Director for Region 12. Thank you for volunteering to help.
- Regional Directors are needed for the following: Region 4, Region 6, Region 7, (Region 2 is part of 4 and Region 1) Trail representatives in these regions will check with clubs for a volunteer to represent clubs. Interested persons may attend a Board meeting and see what PSSA is all about. View the Regions map here.
- Any member may attend a virtual Board meeting. Meetings are held the third Wednesday of every month at 7:30 pm. Contact Kathy Woolever at the Palmyra office for the information to call or connect by way of Zoom. Comments will be accepted as always and the Board will try to provide an answer for your comment.
- The Board reelected all officers to their present offices. Charles Walter resigned from the Board at this meeting and Cindy Barrick was elected to replace him as Board Secretary. This action leaves an elected Board position vacant. The Board will appoint someone per by-laws in the near future. Anyone who is interested and is willing to be available for meetings please send your resume to Cindy Barrick at: pasnowfamily @gmail.com by June 23, 2021 4pm.
- Charles (Chick) Walter has been on the Board for many years. I personally admired his ability to reproduce the minutes of meetings and present them to the Board. This is a talent that few of us possess. Although Chick and his wife enjoyed travel he always made himself available for meetings and discussions. Thank you Chick you will be missed.
- Data sheets are missing from a few clubs. Please return them as soon as possible. Your information is needed. Without this information the contributions and needs of the snowmobile community in PA is incomplete.
Liz Krug, President PSSA