Happy Columbus Day! Happy Halloween!
My message is simple and straightforward!
We need your help to make the PowerSport Show a HUGE success! Roger Auker and his committee are working hard to provide a much bigger show with a variety of activities for all. The State Police and the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources are planning to have booths at this Show.
What can you do?
- We need you to buy and sell trailer and snowmobile tickets. (Tickets are available via Palmyra Office/Kathy Woolever)
- We need auction items. Donate an item or ask a local business to donate a basket or item for the Auction. (Bring the item(s) to the show by Saturday 10:00am)
- We need you to donate a few hours to help where needed at the Show. (Contact Roger Auker and show up to help.)
- Sell your used sled/ATV etc. at the Toy Corral. (Contact Henry Hartman for information)
- Sign up your son/daughter for the Safety Class. ( Registration is on our website: pasnow.org
- Spread the word to your friends and neighbors to visit the show.
- Come and help support the volunteers and show.
- If you cannot do any of the above consider making a donation to PSSA or the Snow Angel Fund.
- Pray for good weather: no snow, hail, wind or torrential rain.
Finally SB 648 was passed by our legislators. It does include the separation of the liquid fuels tax monies by the number of snowmobiles and ATV’s. We are currently working with the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources to establish a Partnership and increase the Registration Fee. We will keep you informed of any significant developments. Plans are being made to provide you with the opportunity at the Show to voice your opinion on the increase in the Registration Fee. Listen for announcements when you are at the Show.
PSSA has several committees. We are asking for anyone who is interested in any of the committees listed in the Keystone Snowmobiler to send me an e-mail with your information. All committees are in the process of being revamped. An important committee which the Board has just approved is the Fund-raising Committee. We need your ideas and help to make PSSA financially viable.
My comments given at the Conservation and Naturally Resources Advisory Committee meeting held at Benezette on September 21, 2016 are in this Keystone Snowmobiler and on the PSSA web-site.